Used abundantly in the cleaning of the house, alcohol It is not as safe as it seems. with function disinfectant, the product is usually used directly on windows, floors, tables, electronics and furniture in general. But beyond the high risk of accidents it offers, thanks to its vast potential flammable, Alcohol may further erode wear and some materials are used in excess.
How to clean glass, clear pots, take stain, clean the oven and more
Cleaning products can give allergy; see what symptoms
How to Clean appliances for them last longer
Alcohol or cleaning products?
According Eraldo de Melo, the company's director Store, in large part, the use of alcohol in the cleaning is not justified. "Alcohol does not act directly as a cleaning agent, although many people think so. Improper use can bring health risks and damage furniture. Specific products for the cleaning of the house, such as detergent or cleanser general, have bactericidal action, preserving furniture, equipment and utensils, and are non-flammable"He explains.
Another major disadvantage is its high alcohol content flammable. Eraldo states that the domestic use of ethanol in Brazil is considered one of the world's largest. The product is said to be the main driver of domestic accidents and fires.
In addition, direct contact with the product can cause dry skin and allergies.
Cleaning with alcohol can ruin your computer screen and other electronic (Thinkstock)
According to Eraldo, alcohol should not be used in the following materials, under risk of damage:
- Surface electronics
How to use
In glasses and mirrors, the use is released, but remember to wear gloves (Thinkstock)
In the case of fabrics, upholstery, mirrors, glass, sink and appliances, among others, alcohol does not offer as much damage and can be used as a disinfectant agent, but with caution. The guidelines for these cases are:
- Choose the alcohol gel, which is safer, as it takes longer to spread the fire.
- Read the packaging before use and check the locations where the product can be applied. According Eraldo, the ideal is to pass the alcohol gel on the infected area and leave for 10 minutes.
- Make small tests on the object in question, since alcohol can easily spot certain materials.
- The alcohol quickly evaporates and leaves no residue on the surface. The ideal is to apply it with a damp cloth or directly on site.
- For use in fabrics, such as clothing, sofas and car roof, dilute the product in water and apply with a spray bottle.
- Store the jar in a well ventilated area to avoid fire.